Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My 2012 Routine!

“My 2012 Hair Mission”

I am on a serious mission to hone all the skills and knowledge I have gained about natural hair to retain some serious length this year. I truly believe I will meet my personal hair goal of having a braided pony-tail this year! Along the way I hope to manage my hair and a simple and care free way.

The essential knowledge: Low- manipulation!

Do not handle hair in it’s loose state. Always care for the hair in a protected state such as when it is braided. Wash braided hair, style braided hair, moisturize braided hair, and finger detangle hair that is braided one braid at a time!

Finger detangle hair, do not attempt to use combs, brushes or other devices to detangle hair, just separate hair with your fingers and remove the shed hair.

Wear long-term styles such as braids will last for several weeks before needing to be re-braided.

The method: Pseudo-LOCKS!

Start: Create a grid of box-braids, the braids should be small enough to be versatile in styling and washing and yet large enough to easily put in and take down.

Maintain: Once a month redo the braids one at a time by taking the braid down and finger detangling (separating the hair with your fingers to remove the shed hair) and re-braid the unit. Repeat the process until all the braids are fresh.

Care: Wash braids as needed with a product of choice, focus on scalp and dilute product for easy rinsing. Apply leave-in moisture spray of choice and follow with oil if needed. ( Note: you can put as little or as much effort into the care as you please)

Style: Style your braids in a variety of styles, experimenting with different accessories.

CLM

No comments:

Post a Comment